Social Icons

twitterfacebookgoogle pluslinkedinrss feedemail

Pages

Friday 14 October 2011

Beach Theraphy - A Gift From The Sea



Recently I notice many close friends have asked me where would I want to hold my wedding in the future. I replied, "Firstly, I  would need to find the right groom whom will propose to me ..."


But I always picture a couple exchanging their vows on a beach. 
Seeing close friends and families in comfortable beachwear is great.
All relaxed and enjoying the sand on their bare feet ... 
The smell of the salty water, the wind blowing on the face, the gentle roar of the waves all combine to create a sense of peace and calm. 


Or instead I could decide take the easy way out and just elope. 
Then I would not have to fuss about planning a wedding and just enjoy my honeymoon on a deserted island without any internet or iPhone reception.




How do I realise that I have always loved the beach?
I have always carried around with me a small photo in my bag, a picture of my family at Ferringhi Beach.
It was the first and last family outing I ever had at the beach and it meant so much to me since I was a little kid. Our memories of the ocean will linger on, long after our footprints in the sand are gone.


Why?
Playing in the sand; splashing in the water; getting dirty; getting wet. The beach is the only place my mom doesn’t get mad with me doing that stuff. Of course I love the beach! I have to agree with Donna McLavy that honestly the beach is the only place children actually can entertain themselves.


Is it true? That is the beach is in our blood. According to Sandy Archibald, everyone in our family returns to the beach instinctively, just like the sea turtles. (mind you I also use to have pet tortoises when I was a kid) One can agree or disagree with this statement.


At the beach, life is different. Time doesn't move hour to hour but mood to moment. We live by the currents, plan by the tides and follow the sun.


I hope that one starry night, when the time is right, I know you will ask me to join you, take off the shoes and walk the beach together hand in hand. With only the moon to light the path and waves, I will want to hear you tell me that I am a blessing from God. I had not only touch your heart but change your life around.


Summer is fast approaching and I can't wait to get my scuba gears out from the cupboard and hit the beach with my surfboard. This time, I might give kite boarding a miss.


Below are some quotes and photos that I came across lately, which inspires me and I would like to share it with someone who surprise me last night when he told me that he wanted to end his sufferings. I pray that I will bring you hope in life ... cause you have no right to end your life ... people around you care for you. 


I took up surfing and scuba diving and it is a tiring sport. Falling over and starting all over again with never stopping waves (is part of life). Learn to climb back on your feet, balance the wave. It will be fun after you get the hang of it and start embracing the surrounding. Do not fight against nature. Relax and let everything happen / flow peacefully. It took me a while to get use to breathing underwater, there is constants fear of drowning, sharks, getting lost/ pull away by the strong current. But once I ignore my thoughts, I started to see/ realise the beauty around me whether it is underwater creatures or the rhythm of the rushing waves. 


Sometimes we focus so hard on life, we all know work is never ending, there will always be expectations/ datelines that we can't meet or friends would disappointment us and betray us. But you have to give yourself permission to forgive and forget. Life can be fun if you give yourself a chance to relax, enjoy and be happy. Trust me you don't want to end up like a broken rubber band.



"Why does the ocean rock the moon to sleep every night? So the sun will wake and kiss the beach." - J. Henson

'

"You must not lose faith in humanity. Humanity is an ocean; if a few drops of the ocean are dirty, the ocean does not become dirty." - Mahatma Gandhi



"The sea does not reward those who are too anxious, too greedy, or too impatient. One should lie empty, open, choice-less as a beach - waiting for a gift from the sea." - Anne Morrow Lindbergh