Social Icons

twitterfacebookgoogle pluslinkedinrss feedemail

Pages

Tuesday 11 October 2011

Marrying my Dreams

"I cheated on my fears, broke up with my doubts, got engaged to my faith and now I'm marrying my dreams." 
Source : Unknown

Looking back 5 years ago my dream was to join a humanitarian aid after watching the Watoto Children Choir performance at CityLife, to assist in disaster reconstruction with the Emergency Architects. I had big dreams then, I was inspired the young children voices. But I didn't put the thought into action and soon the singing slowly fade away. I got distracted, climbing the corporate ladder, trying to earn more money, saving up for the future, I was occupied with worldly things. 


One day as I was spring cleaning, I found the Mambo Sawa album, it was kept safely away in my tuck box, staring down at the words "Life is Good!" printed on CD cover, the songs started playing in my mind, it was so clear like it just happen yesterday ... yes indeed my life has been good so far.

Did it really took me this long to realise that it is time for me to start contributing? 

Am I finally prepare to give back to society? 

Am I ready to actually take time off  from my career and join a mission outreach?

My prayers been answered and it is finally happening in 2012, God has brought together a team of four talented individuals (Architect, Accountant, Nurse and IT consultant) to volunteer together with International China Concern ... exciting times are waiting for us ahead.