Social Icons

twitterfacebookgoogle pluslinkedinrss feedemail

Pages

Monday 26 December 2011

Winter Wonderland

If I lay here, if I just lay here, 
I wonder if would you lie with me and just forget the world?

Just last weekend we had an awesome Winter Wonderland production at Church and last night Melbourne was hit by hailstorm, lightning, thunder and a very heavy downpour. Properties were damage and flooded
I am thankful that I arrive home safely, driving on the slippery road. Finally I enjoyed a white Christmas this Summer.

Christmas last year and this year has been quiet for me, no big travel plans or queuing up in the airport waiting to transit, no family reunion or cooking for huge group of people.
I chose to stayed home and be good, I had delicious meals with friends and spend time with their family.
I am not surprise my fridge is empty but I manage to survive.
Life without work, I caught up on lost sleep, watched a few movies, finished a few books, went out for coffee, swimming, power napping, packed my bags and cleaned the place (getting rid of anything that isn't useful, beautiful or joyful)
I have a little over a week to switch from a workaholic to hibernation (rest) and straight into mission mode.

This weekend I will board the plane and arrived just in time to spend New Years Eve with four amazing friends. So here are the highlights of my short trip:
Count down to 2012 in winter
Bringing love, hope and opportunity to the special children in Sanmenxia
Spending Chinese New Year in Beijing (away from my family, still think I am crazy to spend it alone)
Visiting Harbin International Ice Festival (one of world’s four largest international ice festivals, along with Japan’s Sapporo Snow Festival, Canada’s Quebec Winter Carnival, and Norway’s Ski Festival)
Touring Lhasa, Tibet (if you didn't know it is the highest region on earth 16,000 ft)
Hopefully I could catch a glimpse of  Mount Everest at 29,029 ft on the border of Nepal
But I can't wait to be blown away by Potala Palace (formerly the residence of the Dalai Lama)
Breathless experience of clambering up the endless stone stairs on a clear blue cloudless day looking at the Himalayan mountainous backdrop would be priceless.