Social Icons

twitterfacebookgoogle pluslinkedinrss feedemail

Pages

Monday 16 April 2012

Visual Culture or Struggle?

"Before you judge someone walk a mile in their shoes. 
That way you're a mile away and you have their shoes."

As I was reading Linda's daily devotional "For All the World to See" on the train this morning, her observation instantly reminded me of the few videos and articles on human trafficking, slavery, sexual exploitation and forced labour which I came across the first quarter of this year. It is mid of April now, how time really flies when you're preoccupied. Anyway she reminded me of how little we know of others when we only look on the surface.


In Matthew 23, Jesus observed the actions of the leaders of the church in His time and saw through their religious façade. While they paraded their beliefs around for all to see it was Jesus who pointed out that they did things for show rather than respect for God.

Lesson of this week : While it’s easy for me to point the finger at leaders (whether it is my boss, client, family or friend) it’s also a challenge for me not to walk the same path. All it takes is for me to meet someone who really gets under my skin and suddenly the gossip and the bad thoughts feel justified.

I am sure there are many injustices done in this world that people have justified .
I know it is not easy for anyone to life lives of integrity but it should be what we all aspire towards.

Lord, give me the strength to stand up for injustice and continually strive to have integrity in everything I do daily. Place the right peers close to me, so together we can support and sharpen each other.

0 comments:

Post a Comment