Social Icons

twitterfacebookgoogle pluslinkedinrss feedemail

Pages

Wednesday 30 May 2012

Love is like the Wind ... Wedding Speech

Once again public speaking is not my forté, but I do enjoy listening wedding speeches! I'm not terribly fond of the kind of speech where the speaker "toasts" the couple and pokes fun at them, because it's their special day they should only have to hear positive remarks. Speeches that are very sweet or sentimental are my favourite kind, and I really enjoy that sort of thing! I just have to make my speech fun so I could hold back my happy tears.

Good evening everyone, for those of you who don't know me, I am the very proud “so call twin big sister” of our glamorous Bride. I want to start by congratulating the bride and groom, and thanking all of you for coming here today.

When I look at the bride and groom, I feel such a whirlwind of emotions. I know that Purdey has found her true match and I know that theirs will be a marriage of long standing. My heart is bursting with love for you two today. I know you have a wonderful adventure ahead of you, and with everyone’s blessing your marriage will last for decades to come.

I never knew Justin before he dated my sister, so I can't tell you horrible stories about him, but I can tell you that I know he is perfect for my sister! He's easy going, interesting, easy to talk to, and he has a great sense of humour! I am very sure Purdey’s family are very happy to welcome Justin as part of the family. I know he's made perfect for her, and I hope she’s specially made for him too!

Purdey, I want to note how beautiful you look today, and to tell you that this has truly been a special day for me. Thank you for giving true meaning to the word sister and for sharing the last 5 years with me. I truly enjoyed your company, and laughter, when I think back on our adventures by browsing through Facebook albums; I have nothing but fond memories. The fondest memories include the times we spent having short road trips, outdoor sports (marathon, badminton, gym) and lots of sleep over. I know how much joy she has brought into my life, and I know that she'll bring that joy into Justin’s life as well.

To this day, Purdey is the only person I know that can make me laugh so hard it hurts. I have a lot more funny and embarrassing stories about her, but because this is her special day, I will leave her alone now.

I thought about the words of advice that we'd like to give to the newlyweds and came up with this five points:
The two secrets of a long lasting and happy marriage are a good sense of humour and a short memory!

Always remember to say those three important little words..."You're right darling"
If you're clever, you'll always have the last word. However, if you are very clever, you won't use it.
# Whenever you are wrong, admit it. Whenever you are right, be quiet.
And, Justin, always remember...a happy wife, makes for a happy life!

# Separately, you are two special, remarkable people, but together you are complete. As you sit side by side through this roller coaster of life, remember to scream from the peaks, hold hands through the dips, laugh through the loop the loops, and enjoy every twist and turn ... for the RIDE is much better when you share it together. 

# Coming together is the beginning; keeping together is progress; working together is success.

My wishes for Justin and Purdey are that they have a continued loving friendship and partnership; that they enjoy success and laughter together; that they are blessed with children; and through the years, your love for each other will deepen and grow.

# May your love be like the wind, strong enough to move the clouds, soft enough to never hurt, but always never ending

I wish you the very best and happily ever after.

2 comments:

  1. Definitely your post provides a great and useful resource specially on Wedding Speech every reader must adhere. This is truly a must read and admire. Thanks a lot for sharing!

    Maid Of Honor Duties

    ReplyDelete